So today I was in my basement and all of the sudden I see two GINORMOUS spiders crawling around on the floor. For anyone who doesn't know this...I hate spiders more than anything!!! I am so terrified of them. So there I am standing in the bathroom and I notice them crawl across the floor..I screamed bloody murder!! Good thing I was home alone or Jami may have thought I was being killed or something. I didn't even know what to do! Most people would simply take a piece of toilet paper and grab them or smash them or something I dunno "normal"? But after all we are talking about me here. So after I finally caught my breath from screaming for like two minutes straight I made my plan of escape...run like hell out of the bathroom to safety :) I stopped hyperventilating long enough to get out of there and thank goodness it was at the same time that Michelle was coming over. Now a little history about me and Michelle and bugs...when we lived in Draper we had tons of them. We were both scared of them, me more so than her, and we didn't want to squish them..thats gross...so we would spray febreeze on them until they died. Why we thought this was a better less scary approach I have no idea..it sounds quite ridiculous now. Anyways so my spider man partner in crime came over and I told her what was going on. When I saw them the first time I dropped my clothes on the floor where the two mr spideys were now hiding. So we decided that I would pick up the clothes and shake them and she would STOMP them when they came out. Nice idea...bad execution. I pick up the clothes and with my little T-Rex arms try and shake them out from as far away as I could physically be. I see spidey #1 speed out...I scream again (yes I knew he was gonna come out but I'm telling you it's like impossible for me not to burst ear drums when I see them) I scare the shit out of chelle who finally realizes what I'm screaming at and she stomps once but misses the little devil. He runs for safety under the sink console. I start screaming again as I see spidey #2 crawling in my clothes. While I'm yelling "get him get him" in between screaming and feeling like i'm gonna pass out.. she is trying to get the thing off my clothes so she can squish the little bugger. She finally got him and I stopped completely spazzing out. As for spidey #1, he was in hiding and it was impossible to get to him so we vacated the basement. But I am glad to report that since the incident he has been found and squished. All is safe in the basement again...atleast for now :)
s.w.a.k.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
That is hilarious. I hate squishing them too! The crunchy sound makes me sick. :) I usually make Trav do it, but he's not always around. Gotta put on my big girl panties sometimes and do it alone haha. Glad you got them. I'd rather know they are dead than worry they are gonna come out again. LOL.
Post a Comment